I love these! They tick all the boxes – quick, simple, yummy, wheat/dairy/gluten/guilt-free! There are a couple of different variations of these that you could make and lately I’ve been experimenting, with adding in cinammon, chia seeds, nut butter and other fruit. Below is the simplest form of the recipe.
– 1 banana (mashed)
– 2 eggs (beaten)
1. Mix the banana and beaten eggs together to make a batter.
2. Heat a tbsp of your desired fat (coconut oil is my fave) in a frying pan on high
3. Pour batter onto skillet. Make sure the edges don’t burn moving them ever so slightly with a spatula.
4. Flip when edges start to go firm (after about 1 min).
5. Cook the flip side for a few seconds. Repeat with remaining batter. Yields about 2 large or 3 small pancakes.
– add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter
– add a handful of mashed blueberries to the batter
– add a tablespoon of chia seeds to the batter
– add a spoonful of nut butter on cooking pancake (cashew or almond butter are my favourite)
– fry/grill some bacon rashers and serve on the side
So people might be going “ew” at this point. I was the same – completely convinced that this was a banana omelette (it kind of is) – but so many people had been raving about it, I had to try it! The banana makes the pancakes sweet, so no additional honey, jam or sugar is needed! The eggs make beautiful, thin, crepe-like pancakes! Its genius.
The average banana is about 27g of carbs, eggs are your protein, and if you add some nut butter, you get some great fats in there! Perfect balanced breakfast. Great for kids and adults alike!